The holidays are coming quickly and the timing has never been more perfect to generate some extra revenue! But you may be feeling a little to overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle to think of successful auction ideas. Well here are three great holiday themed auctions to springboard your ideas!
1. The Holiday Experience Auction
Nothing sounds more enticing than a Holiday get away, so create the Holiday Experience Auction featuring great stays and good eats! Offer:
- Hotel Stays & Dinners
- Ski & Hotel Packages
- Concert Packages
Revenue example: In a past Holiday Experience Auction, 25 Ski & Spa Packages sold for an average of 42% over retail value.
2. The 12 Days of Christmas Auction
The anticipation and waiting for Christmas is half the fun! So why not build excitement for a few weeks before Christmas and auction off new items daily. Five golden rings could work, but here are a few more suggestions:
- A New Vehicle
- Vacation Packages
- Home Theater System
- Shopping Sprees
Revenue example: A 2012 Ford Focus, which was $20,585 retail value, sold for $16,125 generating 78% return.
3. Stocking Stuffer Package Auction
I don’t know about you, but I always liked to open my stuffed stocking first! Create the ultimate stocking stuffer by packaging special deals together as one item and make filling those over sized stockings even easier!
- Concert ticket package to several concerts
- A jewelry store certificate with Jewelry Cleaning
- Spa certificates and massage session
- 4 sporting event tickets and a local restaurant gift certificate
- A gift package filled with multiple items from a merchant
Revenue example: A concert ticket package, retailed at $540, sold for $470 generating an 87% return.